Tuesday, February 09, 2010

See the God in your heart

Our mind always wanders outside in the world & always goes about the objects of the senses. Say, if you see a beautiful fruit or food, your mind wants to eat it. If there is good music going on out there, then your mind wants to listen to it. If there is good fragrance out there, then your mind wants to smell that. After seeing a picturesque scenery in the nature, your mind says Wow!! So it's certain that your mind finds joy in the external world objects which are experienced by your senses. But your mind rarely goes inside yourself & tries to find joy over there.

The pure joy is there in your self (soul) which is a part of the God only who sits in your heart. If your mind shall turn inwards & see the God sitting in your heart then you shall get the eternal pure joy & peace which is much better than joy of the senses. Below is a little tale--"parable" about looking for the God in your heart. This little tale is by India's great saint from Bengal, Sri Ramakrishna.

"In the olden days, one Indian village hired a night-watchman to keep a vigil during night time to check for robbers that were frequent in those times. Night-watchman would go around the streets and lanes in the village with a square metal lantern, open only at the front. The watchman could see, wherever the lantern cast its light. No rays of light used to fell on him, who carried the lantern. If you wanted to see who the watchman was, you had to ask him to turn the lamp back on his own face. We too are like that watchman!!! Our eyes (ears, tongue, nostril etc.) are all facing outward, looking at and feeling the things of the world. God says, "If you want to see me, turn the lamp around; look within your heart and you shall find the Source of all the light over there."

Same is said in the Bhagwat Gita by Lord Krishna:

"sarvasya chaham hridi sannivisto"
God is seated in everyone’s heart

"ishvarah sarva-bhutanam
hrd-dese ’rjuna tishthati"
The Supreme God dwells/resides in the hearts of all beings.

So let's look inwards & find the God in our hearts who is the source of all Joy, Peace & Bliss. Be sure that "God Loves You", only thing is that you need to turn toward HIM.

5 comments:

  1. I can't say how happy I am to be here... Yes, I like to be at your blog and read it... I feel good here... I will come again and again... I've added your blog in my blog... So that I can come here whenever I want... Thanks for creating this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:55 AM

    I feel like I needed this, I have had the most trying afternoon, the man I love has hurt me deeply and I felt lost and alone until I came across your blog. I needed to hear that there is someone that loves me. Even though this was posted by someone I don't know the reminder renews my faith that there is truly a reason why I stumbled upon this.

    Thank you so much I appreciate this post more than you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:28 PM

    wow easily yours is going to mind...pls be simple like this always..so that poor english persons can also read and benefit from yours...ok how to turn and look with in our heart?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:17 PM

    Baeutifully said!!

    ReplyDelete