1) How to remove Stress, pessimism in our Life: In our day to day life we all encounter myriads of problems, gets work pressure, stress etc. Now if we can find some way in which you can de-stress ourself & find peace of mind within ourselves then how good it be in our life. The great philosophy of Bhagwat Gita not only tells us about the Yoga technique which can make our body stress free but also gives many ways by which we can calm our mind. Other than that it tells us about the mystery of Life & Death.
In the battle field of Kurukshetra, when Arjuna, the disciple of Lord Krishna got infatuated & forgot his prescribed duty to fight, then Lord Krishna reminded Arjuna of his duty to fight a lawful, justful war & gave him the teachings of Bhagwat Gita. Lord Krishna through Bhagwat Gita teachings removed all dejection, pessimism in Arjuna’s Life. Similarly, whenever, dejection, despondency, pessimism comes in my life, I reach out to Bhagwat Gita which tells me that I should do my duty, do good to society & be a devotee of Lord Krishna, which removes all pessimism from my Life.
2) We need to be a true KarmYogi : This whole world is a creation of God / Lord Krishna, so we should work for Him only. If we develop this sense that we are working selflessly to sustain this world created by God only, then also we shall develop an affinity towards God. Lord Krishna tells in Bhagwat Gita that if a person offers all his work & activities to God, thinking this world to be a creation of God only, then that person is called KarmYogi.
By devoting all our Karmas to God our mind gets purified of all the impurities & our mind receives the Godly light, Godly grace and Godly knowledge. If we do Service of humanity then also it is the service of God as God sits in the heart of all human beings. Let’s work without attachment and egoism & offer all the good works of ours to God.
By practicing Karma Yoga our heart reaches out to other people & through it we see God in all people’s hearts. By such devotional practice, divine virtues such as love, mercy, tolerance, kindness, patience, self-restraint, etc. are developed in us. Karma Yoga destroys jealousy, hatred, malice and the idea of superiority in us.
So I am also offering all my Karmas to God only& work for God only. This thinking & way of working by offering all my actions to God has brought peace in my life.
3) We need to motivate ourselves to do good to society: When Arjuna listened to all these great teachings of Bhagwat Gita from Lord Krishna, Arjuna's mental health became well & he became motivated & energetic to fight the war. At times we find ourselves in demotivated, depressed state of mind in our life. Same thing happened many times in my life but through the teachings of "Bhagwat Gita", my state of mind got changed to a motivated energetic state of mind Through these teachings I find peace in my life & came out of many crisis situations in my life. The teachings of "Bhagwat Gita" can simply transform a person.
4) Finding our Inner Soul Strength: Inner Strength is our Soul strength, Mental strength or Personal Strength which comes into action in our hard times to defeat all such negative symptoms of sadness, depression etc. in our life. In hard times it helps in building our low esteem and loss of confidence. When we are passing through bad times, we have a feeling of self dejection & a feeling that we will not succeed in life. In all such times, our Inner Soul Strength comes into play. Inner Strength is basically an exploration to find our authentic self. Bhagwat Gita teaches us to peep into & explore our original inner self which is our Soul. "Bhagwat Gita" is a reservoir to answers to all such questions. "Bhagwat Gita", time & again tells us that we have a Soul inside our human body & this Soul has infinite potential. As this Soul of ours is a spark of the Infinite all powerful, all pervasive Universal Soul (God), so Soul’s powers are also limit less. This Soul present inside our human body, in fact gives strength to our mind to carry out all difficult tasks. Believing in oneself is nothing but believing in one's inner Soul. All fountains of knowledge & strength come out of this inner Soul only. So knowing this Soul strength through the teachings of Bhagwat Gita one attains one’s true self which is Soul.
5) Mind Control through Bhagwat Gita teachings: Bhagwat Gita teaches us about the "Mind Control" & a controlled mind not hankering after things of the world can do many good works for the society. As per Bhagwat Gita, “For those people whose mind is unbridled, uncontrolled & wandering, peace of mind cannot be attained but those people whose mind is controlled and who strive by appropriate means is assured of success in every walk of life." So it has given lots of peace to my mind by following the teachings of Bhagwat Gita.
We can also make our mind Conflict-Free by following the teachings of Bhagavat-Gita. In our life if we have control over your mind i.e. if there is equilibrium of Emotions and Intellect in your mind then we shall be peaceful & happy in life.
6) Work without caring for the fruit arising out of that work: One teaching of "Bhagwat Gita" is to do one's work for the sake of work only without caring for the fruit arising out of that work. That simply means to get deeply involved in one's work or just be single minded about performing the best in one's job without thinking about the results arising out of those actions. Just concentrate on your work, that's it. Same is in "Bhagwat Gita: Chapter 2 verse 47” where "Lord Sri Krishna said: You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself the cause of the results of your activities, and never be attached to not doing your duty."
7) Have Devotion in God through Bhakti Yoga: Bhakti is nothing but devotion towards God. Bhakti is the relationship between a soul (that of the devotee) and God. As per Bhagwat Gita, Bhakti is a yogic path, through which a devotee gets a union with God. Through these teachings of Bhakti Yoga I have developed a great Love for Lord Krishna which has made my life quite peaceful & enriching.
In Bhagwat Gita, Lord Krishna is assuring Arjuna that He shall always be with him in all circumstances if he is always in devotion to Him. Same thing applies to every human being also. If a person remains devoted to Lord Krishna then Lord promises that He shall deliver that person of all the sins of the past & purify that person. By doing such loving service to the Lord, certainly that person shall be in the eyes of Lord & Lord shall always protect that person. So let's be devoted to Lord Krishna always. Let's sing His Glories, read literature regarding Him & also do loving service to humanity (charity etc.) in His name. So lets have devotion to Lord Krishna.
In Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Eighteen verse 68, 69, Sri Krishna says: “O Arjuna, For one who explains this supreme secret to the devotees, pure devotional service is guaranteed to him, and at the end he will come back to Me. There is no servant in this world more dear to Me than he, nor will there ever be one more dear to Me.”
Following these words of Lord Krishna I though that in this Digital Age, it shall be good to serve Lord Krishna by disseminating His teachings of Bhagwat Gita through a Blog. So in year 2006, I started writing & sharing Bhagwat Gita teachings through this Bhagwat Gita Blog which is read by large section of Lord Krishna devotees all around the world.
As Bhagwat Gita has transformed my Life completely so I wish that it should also transform your life if you follow these teachings religiously. I pray for you to Lord Krishna & May God Bless You.
Jai Shri Krishna