Sunday, September 15, 2013

How to get rid of Sins as per Bhagwat Gita


In Hinduism, Pāpa is the word generally used for Sin. Sin is nothing but doing acts which go against the will of God, or going against the laws of nature or rules of scriptures given by God. Now how we can get rid of our sins?
In Bhagwat Gita, we find many quotes which explain about how we can eliminate our sins. As per Bhagwat Gita there are two main ways to get rid of your sins. One way is to to learn the truth about soul knowledge & God by approaching a spiritual master, inquiring from him submissively and rendering service unto him. The self-realized souls (Gurus, masters having the true knowledge) can impart knowledge unto you because they have seen the truth. So by having the transcendental knowledge you shall burn & get rid of all your sins.

"tad viddhi pranipatena
pariprasnena sevaya
upadeksyanti te jnanam
jnaninas tattva-darshinah" (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Four verse 34)


"Sri Krishna said: Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized souls can impart knowledge unto you because they have seen the truth."

"api ced asi papebhyah
sarvebhyah papa-krt-tamah
sarvam jnana-plavenaiva
vrjinam santarisyasi" (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Four verse 36)


"Sri Krishna said: Even if you are considered to be the most sinful of all sinners, when you are situated in the boat of transcendental knowledge you will be able to cross over the ocean of miseries."

"yathaidhamsi samiddho ’gnir
bhasma-sat kurute ’rjuna
jnanagnih sarva-karmani
bhasma-sat kurute tatha" (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Four verse 37)


"Sri Krishna said: As a blazing fire turns firewood to ashes, O Arjuna, so does the fire of knowledge burn to ashes all sins & reactions to material activities."

One other way to get rid of all your sins is to take refuge in God through "Devotion". In Bhagwat Gita, God assures his disciple Arjuna in many ways & asks him to take refuge in Him & says that He shall emancipate him of sin in all ways, shall rescue him in his life always. Many times we think that we have done many sins in life & how God shall accept us, but God makes very clear in Bhagwat Gita that once a person become devoted to Him, He does not considers that person a sinner, rather God considers that person to be a Saint as he has taken the right decision in his life to become devoted to God.

Api chet su-duracharo
bhajate maam ananya-bhak
sadhurev sa mantavya
samyag vyvasito hi sah' (Gita: Chapter IX verse 30 )


'Even if the vilest sinner worships Me with full devotion, he should be considered a noble soul or saint; as he has taken the right step by worshipping me.'
'
kshipram bhavti dharmatma
shasvac-chantim nigachati
kauntey pratijanihi
na me bhaktah pranashyati' (Gita: Chapter IX verse 31)


'He speedily becomes virtuous and secures lasting peace. O son of Kunti, know it for certain that My devotee never falls.'

Through above verse 31, God is telling Arjuna that such a sinful person after becoming His devotee becomes a person of good virtues and always remain in peace & such a peace is not temporary but is ever lasting. God is assuring the son of Kunti ( another name of Arjuna, his disciple) that his devotee never falls again in life as He always protect him. So let's all worship the God always so that He can protect us always.

'man-mna bhav mad-bhakto
madhyaji maam namaskuru
maam-evaishyasi yuktvaivam
atmanam mat-parayanah' (Gita: Chapter IX verse 34)


'Fix your mind on Me, be devoted to me, worship Me & offer obeisance's to Me. In this way, linking to Me, you shall surely come to Me.'

Through above verse 34, God is asking Arjuna to fix his mind on God as after worshipping Him & paying obeisance's to God, he shall automatically come to Him. We should also follow the same path & let's become devoted to him by praying Him daily. God is very clear that once a person comes in God's refuge, then all his problems are solved & God becomes his protector in this life & life beyond.

Jai Shri Krishna

Read also............................God Assures you that He shall protect you
Read also............................Lord, Fill the Cup of my life

26 comments:

  1. Your articles are so awesome. I don't know why this ain't got any comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. ranjan3:59 PM

    i learnt a lot from your article. bhakti connect us to God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smriti5:57 PM

    My eyes got teary on reading.. O son of Kunti, know it for certain that My devotee never falls.
    Thank you for this blog !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is great Smriti

      Delete
    2. I got teary eyed when i read god accepts even sinners, all of us are sinners kaliyuga. Even with imperfections he accepts us. What a paramatma.

      Delete
  4. Rama namam sarva papa pariharam
    Sri Rama Rama ramethi ramhe raame Mano rame sahastra nama tatulyam Rama nama varanane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:41 PM

    Jai shri krishna..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great words,a real enlightenment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:17 PM

    chanting of lord name removes sins

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanku so much, having faith on god and worshiping him with full dedication will help me to decrease my sins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just didn't come across accidentally about this blog, I specifically search for it as today itself I committed a big sin acc to me. I must say this "O Lord Krishna, If you really accept me and give me 1 more chance about being 'sthitaprajma' then I would stand upon it my whole life.
    I'm truly feeling guilty about whatever happened today, From the bottom of my heart I wanted to go away from it however perhaps my mind controlled over me.
    Please Lord Krishna help me gaining and developing a stronger mentality.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Narayan Narayan ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous7:52 PM

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful blog. May God bless everyone ��

    ReplyDelete
  13. please ,Krishna bhagwan i am living with som much guilt of my sins and it is killing my soul ...i cannot even stand in front of you please forgive me and save me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Repentance is one of the major remedy for getting rid of all sins. at least from now on wards do good things to come out from this situation. doing sins and cannot stand infront of god is not a solution or leaving this world is also not suggested. do good things , help others as much as possible, go to temples , do charity.

      Delete
  14. Anonymous7:38 PM

    Thank u . I hope god helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. in my whole life i ignored my mother and even in her last days before death also i didnot come to know that she was ill and need to take her hospital. she also did not tell anything that she was ill. but i love my mother so much. after she passed away feeling guilty. she used to help me beyond her limits. i want to come out from this situation. please help me what to do. i would like to my mother at least once to apologize.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love my mother. I lost my mother. i am unable to come out from this situation. help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous8:08 PM

      This is Ultimate Truth of Life is One Day Everyone will Passed Away from this Materiel World. So accept this as wish of God Remember Her Love to You and Your Family. Pray for her Peace and take Oath that I will do something Great on Her Name that she will proud of You. I can understand the situation Just try to be cool, donate to very poor and educate someone whatever talent you have and o charity if as much as possible try to be Happy. We have limited time on this Earth be Joyful, Blissful. Vishnu(Kriasna) will sure take care of you and Your Mother. Make yourself Busy Always!!! God Bless You!!!

      Delete
  17. Who is spiritual master mentioned here ? And is it not necessary to give "yejna" or "bhali" to get cleaned from sin ?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous12:54 PM

    Oh kanha...I have committed huge mistakes.I am very much guilty about my sins. please forgive me and help me to never commit any mistakes and never hurt anyone. shower your blessings and mercy on me.Govind bholo hari gopal bholo radha raman hari gopal bholo

    ReplyDelete
  19. As per Bhagavat Gita, Right Knowledge is the ultimate solution to all our problems (whatever it is).... If we are sincere to the almighty, I strongly believe that the ultimate power will never disappoint us.. Stay blessed through sincere prayers... God bless you all...

    ReplyDelete
  20. O krishna i comitted sin... and its not delibrate its bcz of conditiin.just forgive me for all my sin that i have did in this or pat lives. Jai shree krishna..
    Om kleem krishnaya namah

    ReplyDelete
  21. Doing good things can never be solution for forgiveness as we know Osama also did charity work. Hitler never has alcohol.. but do you think they have been forgiven of their sins... Dera baba always chanted Hare Krishna.. hare Rama.. throughout and gave life to many many people so do you think Dera baba is clean now... Somebody should accept their sins. Repent and ask for forgiveness from the one who never committed any sin and only holy God is sinless. Truth sets us free. Asatoma satgamayaa. We all are sinners so we need sinless God who is ready to forgive us upon repentance so let's find out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes doing good deeds does not take us to heaven .Many sinful people go on doing deadly sins but they give charity to wash away their sins.If this is the case then there will be many sinful people coming up.No one in this earth is sinless.Somebody should forgive our sins and make us repent . We all are sinners so we need sinless God who is ready to forgive us upon repentance .Let's find out !

    ReplyDelete