Thursday, September 17, 2009

Why You Should Read Bhagwat Gita?


Before elaborating my view point, why you should read Bhagwat Gita, below are thoughts of century's greatest saint Mahatma Gandhi about Bhagwat Gita & why he used to read this great philosophy of Bhagwat Gita.

"When doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and I see not one ray of hope on the horizon, I turn to Bhagavad-Gita and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow. Those who meditate on the Gita will derive fresh joy and new meanings from it every day." - Mahatma Gandhi
Now here is what I have to say:

In your day to day life you encounter myriads of problems, gets work pressure, stress etc. Now if you can find some way in which you can de-stress yourself & find peace of mind within you then how good it be. The great philosophy of Bhagwat Gita not only tells us about the Yoga technique which can make your body stress free but also gives many ways by which you can calm your mind. Other than that it tells you about the mystery of Life & Death. It also tells you about the origin of this universe & life on other planets.

In fact Bhagwat Gita is the "Song of the Divine" told by the Divine (God himself) to His disciple Arjuna. In it God (Lord Krishna) himself teaches Arjuna the philosophy of truth. In it Lord Krishna tells Arjuna about the philosophy of rebirth or reincarnation & how individual soul transmigrates from one body to the other. It also teaches you the difference between a Soul & Supersoul (God). It also tells you, what is Karma & how you can do the Karma effectively through Karmayoga.



In Bhagwat Gita, God teaches basically the four paths through which one can understand the philosophy of soul or oneself. First one is "Sankhya yoga" or the "Yoga of Knowledge", the second one is "Karma yoga, or the Yoga of Action." Third one is "Dhyana yoga" or the "The Yoga of Meditation". Fourth one is "Bhakti Yoga" or the "The Yoga of Devotion."

So if you want to have a stress free life & the peace of mind then you should read Bhagwat Gita. If you want to know the mystery of Life & Death, rebirth etc. then also you should read this great "Divine Song". It is basically the essence of all the Vedas, Puranas, Upanishads & all other Hindu scriptures. My say is that if you are able to understand the divine philosophy of Bhagwat Gita then you are able to understand all the great scriptures as it is the essence of all those great books.

Personally to me, reading Bhagwat Gita gives me peace of mind, clears my doubts about life, makes me understand people better & let's me come closer to God.

Jai Sri Krishna.

2 comments:

  1. i see Krishna as God, Arjuna is your soul, postchaise is your body and the horses is your 5 sense... it means if you let God guiding your soul and controling your body senses, you will win the war against your self, released from your senses and breaking the circle of life and death. there are great philosophy behind mahabharata story and so the rest of it.. and Bhagavad Gita is a conversation between soul who seek the essence of life with the creator..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anirudh Kumar Satsangi3:29 PM

    My most Revered Guru of my previous life His Holiness Maharaj Sahab, 3rd Spiritual Head of Radhasoami Faith had revealed this secret to me during trance like state.
    HE told me, "Tum Sarkar Sahab Ho" (You are Sarkar Sahab). Sarkar Sahab was one of the most beloved disciple of His Holiness Maharj Sahab. Sarkar Sahab later on became Fourth Spiritual Head of Radhasoami Faith
    Since I don't have any direct realization of it so I can not claim the extent of its correctness. But it seems to be correct. During my previous birth I wanted to sing the song of 'Infinite' but I could not do so then since I had to leave the mortal frame at a very early age. But through the unbounded Grace and Mercy of my most Revered Guru that desire of my past birth is being fulfilled now.

    ReplyDelete