Friday, January 26, 2007

Lord, Fill the Cup of my life

'Ah, my Beloved, fill the Cup that clears
To-day of past Regrets and future Fears--
To-morrow?--Why, To-morrow I may be
Myself with Yesterday's Sev'n Thousand Years.

'Omar Khayyam'

Above few lines of the Persian Poet, 'Omar Khayyam' can be interpreted in the philosophical sense as:

Oh, my Lord , fill my consciousness with bliss, ecstasy & Your love, so that ignorance flees away from my life. Only your love can dispel my past regrets & also the fear of future wrongs, whose consequence shall be sorrow & misfortune only. O Lord, I cannot wait until tomorrow to wait for your grace to happen on me, as tomorrow can be like infinite past only, when I died so many times without knowing you. I want you to Fill the Cup of my Life, today only, with your love & devotion. I don't want to die, time & again in future, as I have done in the past. I know you shall come to my rescue & fill my Soul with your Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment