Sunday, January 08, 2012

Look For God Within Yourself

That day my friend misplaced his Mobile Phone somewhere in the home. He looked for it all around the house, in his table, on top of TV set, in the drawer, in the bed etc. etc. Everywhere he searched for it but could not find it. He felt little worried. Incidentally I too was with him over there. I said to him that I shall ring his number from my mobile phone & wherever his mobile will be, it shall ring up & we shall come to know, where it is. A simple & great idea!!!! When I called up the number, his mobile started ringing & it seemed that it is ringing nearby only. I asked him to check the nearby TV table top but it was not there. I told him that it is ringing near to him only. Lo! mobile was ringing from the left pocket of his trouser only. Strange, I asked him, why didn't he check his left pocket? His simple answer was that, "I always keep my mobile in my right pocket or outside somewhere!!! Though it is rare but still it happens sometimes with us.

Same is the case with our search for God. We search Him outside in the world, in temples, mosques, churches etc. however, He is sitting within our body only, He is sitting in our hearts only. The pure joy is there in our self (soul) only which is a part of God only who sits in our heart. If our mind shall turn inwards & see the God sitting in our heart then we shall get the eternal pure joy & peace which is much better than joy of the senses. A deer who is having the Kasturi (Musk) in his body only, searches for the cause of fragrance all over there in the wild, while that sweet fragrance comes from the inside of his body only. Same is the case with us that we are searching for the God outside ourselves while He is sitting in our heart only.

In the Bhagwat Gita Chapter Fifteen verse 15 Lord Krishna says:

"sarvasya chaham hridi sannivisto"

God is seated in everyone’s heart

In the Bhagwat Gita Chapter Eighteen verse 61 Lord Krishna says:

"ishvarah sarva-bhutanam
hrd-dese ’rjuna tishthati"

The Supreme God resides in the hearts of all beings.

So let's leave our search of God in the outside world & look for Him inside our hearts only. In this way we shall find Him in our hearts who is the source of all Joy, Peace & Bliss. Be sure that "God Loves You", only thing is that you need to turn toward HIM.

Jai Sri Krishna

2 comments:

  1. In Gita Lord also says 'vasudeva sarvam'(7.19) which means that God is every thing which also means we are also God. Instead of saying God is every where say God is everything. But it will take a little time to realise this truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:08 AM

    Next to the Bhagavid Gita, there is absolutely nothing else in my life that matters.

    I live every day to the fullest-and constantly reflect on my choices in life-under the eternal auspices of the Bhagavid Gita.

    My life is now complete.............

    ReplyDelete