Sunday, May 15, 2011

Love Him, hate Him but don’t ignore Him


In Hindu philosophy it is the ultimate goal of a person to attain the God. For that ascetics do penances & devotees perform rituals in the name of God so that they can come closer to God & finally attain Him. To attain God the easiest way is to have love & devotion to Lord Krishna. Meaning of the name of Krishna is the one who attracts a soul easily & puts that person to His devotion. Krishna is all attractive, that's why He attracts the soul of a person.

Now, it is not only the emotion of love & devotion towards the God by which you can attain Him. As per Bhagwat puran if you are having any emotion, even that of hate towards the God then also you can attain Him. Therefore, whether one's emotions are of constant enmity towards God, of devotion, of fear, of affection or of love towards the God, one is certainly going to attain Him. By having the emotions of love, hatred, fear, affection and devotion towards the God & having the mind absorbed in the Supreme Lord many have given up the sin and thus attained the path of liberation. The gopîs with their love desires towards Lord Krishna, King Kamsa out of fear, S'is'upâla and others out of hatred towards Lord Krishna, many Kings out of kinship, Krishna's family out of affection and many through bhakti have attained the God. So one should fix one's mind on Lord Krishna in any of these ways & he shall attain Him.

In Bhagwat Gita also God himself is giving that assurance:

"man-mana bhava mad-bhakto
mad-yaji mam namaskuru
mam evaishyasi satyam te
pratijane priyo ’si me" (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Eighteen verse 65)

"Sri Krishna said: O Arjuna, "Be aware of me always, adore me, make every act an offering to me, and you shall come to me; this I (Krishna) promise, for you are dear to me."

"sarva-dharman parityajya
mam ekam saranam vraja
aham tvam sarva-papebhyo
mokshayisyami ma suchah" (Bhagwat Gita: Chapter Eighteen verse 66)

"Sri Krishna said: O Arjuna, "Abandon all supports and look to me for protection. I shall purify you from the sins of the past; you do not grieve."

"So let's always pray to Lord Krishna & let's always engage our mind in devotional service of Him. Let's love the God like "Gopis of Vrindavan" loved Him. If you shall love God a little bit then He shall love you ten folds, as God is hungry of love & devotion only. Other than that let's read religious texts, scriptures & literature regarding the Lord Krishna. Let's always sing His glories so that He can always be merciful on us. If we shall do such devotional service to God then we shall get special mercy of Lord Krishna & we shall be purified of all the sins in our life.

Jai Sri Krishna.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:19 PM

    Dear sadhu maharaj, I want one thing in life. Only and only this one, last thing. Truly, I'll never ask for anything again in my life. People get it very easily and with minimal efforts. I don't know why Lord singled me out for punishment. This is my third attempt at the desired thing. I've failed twice before.
    Please ask Lord to have mercy on me and provide me with this thing. In my heart I know, I'm suitable candidate for that thing, truly able and suitable.
    Please convey my prayer to Lord.

    ReplyDelete